I'm doing something a little different on here! As some of you readers might know, I have 5 sisters-in-law (the Princesses). Since each of the Princesses cook more for some of the Dwarfs then I do now, I thought it would be fun if they wrote a guest post each month, and to share a recipe! Some of the recipes might be recipes Fairy Godmother has passed down to them, or their own recipes from their mothers, or maybe a recipe they found and love! So, without further ado, here is my sister-in-law, Belle!
Happy Valentines day! In the spirit of love, I have decided to make my sweetie, 'Bashful's' favorite dinner. When we first got married, as a bridal shower gift, my new Fairy Godmother-in-law gave me the sweetest gift. She made a recipe book of all my hubby's childhood favorite meals. Never having learned how to cook, this book has been invaluable to me. I love how much our family shares together, and I love that my sweet sister, Snow White has made a way to share our family's yummy treats with all her readers of her Cooking for the Seven Dwarfs blog. So here is my man's favorite meal. I hope you guys love it as much as we do!
2 cubes butter, melted
6 cloves garlic, pressed
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 c. dry white champagne
1 c. cream
4 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast
1. Salt and pepper chicken to taste
2. Brown chicken: coat the chicken with flour, then brown in small amount of oil. I use olive oil in my cast iron pan. ;D
3. In a separate pan saute garlic and mushrooms in butter. In our family real butter is a must!
4. Add champagne and cream to the mushrooms and garlic.
5. Place the chicken in a baking pan.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
7. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 min.
Blogs I'm linked to: Not Your Ordinary Recipes,The Best Blog Recipes, Diana Rambles, My Turn For Us, Sweet Boutique, Six Sisters' Stuff, This Gal Cooks, Couponing & Cooking, Plaid and Paisley Kitchen, Mom's Test Kitchen, Feeding Big, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Fluster Buster, Hungry Little Girl, Kitchen Meets Girl, Mandatory Mooch, Rediscover Mom